Thursday, September 28, 2017

Being In Nature


I never dreamed hiking with a friend could be so eye-opening? Talk about a breath of fresh air.


When my friend, Joyce mentioned that she had needed to take a break from life one day and had gone to a place called Buffalo Mountain I was mesmerized????? What would that be like?


So, she offered to take me up into the clouds. We eventually got so high up that we were looking DOWN on the buzzards circling below us! It was quiet a new experience to see the TOP of the birds wings - instead of being on the ground BELOW them ??????? I will never forget that.


we climbed up and up and up


The air even smelled different- so clean and refreshing and the views took my breath.


The top of the mountain was covered in boulders instead of trees so that really opened up our view.


Some of the walking was across these rugged looking stone rivers?

But a little of it was these lovely little pathways.

 My  puny eyes could hardly take in all of God's creations.


Little sprinkles of color along the way.

It turned out to be just a tad over two miles up and back down? I did not think that was a bad accomplishment for a 66 year old grandmother. The weather was so beautiful. The next morning I was a little sore in my hips and knees and mentioned it to my daughter- wondering why???? She said that mountain hike you went on might have something to do with it???? NOOOOOO!  ~wink~

2 comments:

  1. Oh Linda, that is such a beautiful hike you were on, and those pictures are gorgeous!!! I'm happy you were able to do this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous climb with so much to see !

    ReplyDelete