Friday, November 4, 2016



It is a beautiful day here today but tonight is it suppose to be down to freezing and I hate that! I think my bear has decided to go visit somebody else for a while now that almost all of the chard roots are dug up . Then last night I stepped out to grab the bowel of cat food so a bear would not start coming for a midnight snack and low and behold one of the biggest rats I have ever seen darted under the building?????????? OOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO - rats are BAD  NEWS. They got in my building a couple of years ago and killed a Lot of my birds and broke my heart. I could hardly sleep last night for worrying about my baby chicks that are under the lights for heat?  But they were all good this morning -so I am counting my blessings.

Then the first year that my DH and I had moved here I had purchased two bushel of apples and two bushel of potatoes and put them in the basement. Cold weather came and I went down to get some for supper and the entire basement was devastated. It was a horrible stinky mess as the people on the lake had all closed up their cabins and the rats needed food and had found my stash. What they had not chewed up -they had urinated and pooped all over and it had rotted . It was horrible. So yea, rat means something bad to me as I hate to feel that way.

I ran across this link today and thought some of you might like to take a gander as some of the projects:
https://madmimi.com/p/1ca0f8?fe=1&pact=2214659-135177660-6923450254-a5e330cedbb8c74e38b5ebdc829028a75530d4b1

Also I made this Crust-less Cranberry Pie yesterday and it was really good so I just wanted to share it with you:
Gluten-Free Crustless Cranberry Pie
Author: 
Ingredients
  • 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
  • 1 cup coconut sugar
  • ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
  • 2 cups cranberries
  • ½ cup chopped walnuts
  • ½ cup butter, melted
  • 2 eggs
  • 3-6 drops Orange Essential Oil
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
  2. Grease one 9 inch pie pan.
  3. Combine the flour, coconut sugar, and sea salt.
  4. Stir in the cranberries and the walnuts, and toss to coat.
  5. Stir in the butter, beaten eggs, and almond extract.
  6. If you are using frozen cranberries, the mixture will be very thick.
  7. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
  8. Bake at 350ºF for 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment