Thursday, November 8, 2018

November 8, 2018


I have finally got started on my Christmas presents , boy am I getting a late start ? 





I figured almost anybody can make use of a handy dandy kitchen towel if they cook? So, I still am trying to come up with things that are useful and not just take up space.




It was a nice finish to a stressful afternoon. It had started out as a nice morning getting all my outdoor chores completed and enjoying some beautiful weather in the 50's which is lovely for us this time of year.

I had gone in and all my kids had headed to town to run errands and I was enjoying a nice late lunch when I thought I heard a noise outdoors. I peeked out the window but saw nothing so I stepped out on the side walk and heard voices. I peeked around the corner behind the house and saw two men jumping up and down on a truck that was stuck in the mud at the side of the house? I quickly darted back in the house and locked the doors as I was NOT expecting anybody ,  much less a truck stuck in the mud beside my house. I called my daughter to see how close to home she was and she said she would come right on.

This was peeking through one of my windows. That is the tail end of their truck as they are trying to push it back from the pasture where they had got stuck after they had moved the lawn mower and all of Crystal's tools and moved the gate to allow them access to go hunting without permission. 


Turns out I did know them but by now I was too terrified to go out of the house and too upset that they would just act like they owned the place. It is my deceased husbands brother and his grandsons . He would have nothing to do with my husband in the last 20 years of his life but now he acts like this is his land to do what ever he wants when ever he wants and that is usually deer season when he wants to bring his family to show them the joys of deer hunting. I do not want them here and I hate to cause a scene and make enemies of my nieces ? 

Crystal gets stopped for speeding by a state policeman and gets a ticket and I finally call her back and ask to speak to the policeman. I ask him if he could just let her come home because there are men here who have guns wanting to do hunting and I am scared of them - so he lets her go . By the time she arrives the brother has the entire driveway blocked where nobody can come or go and Crystal cannot even get in. She is upset too as she knows how scared I am . Then my youngest son arrives and he defuses the situation and they finally leave -saying they will be back in a few days! I really do not want them here . I just want my peace and quiet with my family. I have not had a relationship with this side of my hubbys family and I am too old to want to now. Deer season just tears me all to pieces anyway and I wish I could just disappear off the face of the earth for the duration of it.

I was left just trembling and so upset it was very hard to calm down when you feel like you have no say so over your own home and you privacy has been invaded when all you were doing was enjoying a quiet moment at home. Needless to say I was late getting all of my evening chores accomplished  and can not even calm down to sleep and my tummy is upset.  

I have many blessings to count and some days we just end up in trouble without even trying to?


1 comment:

  1. The cheeky buggers! They have no rights coming on your property to hunt. I hope they don't come back. Last thing you want or need is stress.

    ReplyDelete