Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Not Me!


Thank goodness this is not me, but it does not make me feel any better to see this on my daughter's ribs. It came up on Thurs . morning and she went to the doctor who was stumped and gave her antibiotics and told her to come back on Sun. if not no better come back on Sun. So on Sunday she was no better and a little worse.

He gave her another antibiotic to take with the first one and made her an appointment to see a surgeon on Tuesday if no better. Well she is no better - only worse so we went to the surgeon this afternoon and he put her on a table and numbed it -then cut down deep inside of it  and poked his hemostats down into it  making channels and pulling out infection all the way down her ribs. He put these fabric straws down deep into it and showed me how to do it if they come out. He drawed dots on her skin and told me IF the red passes those dots by tomorrow when I change the dressing to take her back to the emergency room for inter-venous antibiotics. If the red is going down then she has to go to the wound doctor on Thurs. They did take a culture to make for sure if this is the right antibiotic for this bacteria????

Of course I am worried sick- and neither of us have any idea how it might have happened as she did not hurt herself -she just woke up this way?????

So, each day really is a Gift.

1 comment:

  1. It might have been a bite gone septic? Either way, I hope it's on the improve now?

    ReplyDelete