Friday, January 4, 2019

First Crochet Project of 2019

I have switched over to crochet projects for a while for several reasons. One is because of my diminishing eyesight. Two is because I crocheted a lot longer than I sewed so I am more familiar with it. Three is because I have a stash of yarn I need to use up before I kick the bucket and four just because I seem to find more projects that people will use instead of stick in a drawer or be forced to donate. So, that is my story and I am sticking to it for the time being.

I had made a pair of booties for my youngest granddaughter for Christmas -from that Bernat Blanket Yarn that we all love because it is soooo very soft.  She had thanked me and suggested if I ever wanted to make her a blanket she would love it -from the soft stuff. So, I knew it was getting time for the stores to put the yarns on sale and I checked out Jo-Ann's and low and behold it was on sale from 10.95 to 6.99 for the 10.5 oz. skeins. Her favorite colors are pink and lavender so here they are combined in the variegated colors. Yes, I mentioned I had a stash but no I do not have the blanket yarn in my stash .I sure wish I did but it disappears off of my hooks as fast as I can swing it.

I have one problem with this yarn. I can Never find the inside end to enable me to pull from the inside so I am forced to use the outside end and bounce my skein all over the place. I have looked online and asked on forums and finally I have written the Bernat Company to ask if maybe this is the only way you are suppose to use this yarn????I do not know so I am hoping they will reply and share some feedback for me.

My pups had a wonderful Christmas and my dear friend June from Tenn. sent them Christmas pup cookies. Indy is checking them out.


  Daisy picked the only solid white one from the pack.

Bandit had a hard time deciding. lol
Then Indy decided to take a nap. I love it when my pups are happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment