Sunday, December 2, 2018

Dec. 2,2018

AMAZING how another month has snuck in on us! Plus, this is the Final month in our year. The last chapter in our 2018 year. It has certainly been a year of challenges for all the humans I know so I guess we have all learned a lot and made progress on our paths in this lifetime.


Yesterday my sewing mentor took me to our Sewing Guild Christmas dinner and fashion show. I enjoyed this one the most of any I have attended because I made two new friends, one a retired school teacher and the other a current school teacher. They were both SO delightful. They were both such very special ladies who have enriched our world greatly with their works. The retired teacher had actually taught sewing at one time and the other said they did not teach sewing at all where she was teaching now. What a great loss to our young people.

Then some of the ladies had a fashion show of the garments they had made and they were so stunning. I certainly wish I had their talent and I wish I had their eyesight. The 76 year young school teacher said she had no problems at all with her eyesight. How I wished I could experience that.

This is a Christmas gift for a new great-granddaughter who had to have open heart surgery when she was born just a couple weeks past. I do not know how such a tiny baby could endure all that she has gone through and there is still the danger of something else showing up as she grows some?

Now I must make a pair of booties for her Mom as I have another skein of yarn that will give her something to match -Mother/ Daughter kinda.
I did learn that one of the mothers at the Guild had lost her adult daughter to cancer last month and she was a broken Mother. My heart just ached for her.
Then another lady had gone to the grocery store and got run over by a car as she was bringing her groceries to the car so she is in a wheel chair and her partner only has a brief time to live and Hospice came home with him. So many challenges - it really makes you count your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment