Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Dec. 19, 2018


Not the day I had planned which was to do my morning chores and get them out of the way to work on a sewing project as I am narrowing down on my gifts.

I had gone outdoors and fed the donkey and one run of the chickens and came back in the house which I do not do very often. The phone ran and it was my daughter . Now it was a miracle that the call came through because she was in a blind spot for cell phone reception and all she could say was Mom I have been hit over at the Graysontown bridge. I could feel myself gasp and say I'm on my way and out the door I ran.

I kept thinking Graysontown bridge ?? She would not be going that direction this morning and when I got there - I did not see anything so I turned around and backtracked to another bridge which turned out to be Simpkinstown bridge and still no daughter. My phone rang again and it was my baby son saying she had seen me turn around and she was there on the hill. So I turned around and headed back to Graysontown bridge and still no sign of her?? I turned around on that bridge and went back to Snowville bridge and finally I spotted the police lights up on the hill.

It was cold and I spotted her so I eased the car near the accident and left the heater running while I checked on her standing out in the cold . She had been heading up the hill when a concrete truck came down the hill and hit her in the front and dragged her across the highway. There were pieces of wreckage strewn all over the road

I could tell she was really rattled and her head was hurting and she was not thinking clearly so when the policeman asked her how fast she was going I knew she was not going fast because she had just pulled from a stop off of the bridge so she guessed maybe 30. Well, the young policeman walked down around the curve and came back and gave Her the ticket for doing 30 in a 15mph?  Nothing in the world about a monster vehicle plowing into the very front of your vehicle and dragging her across the road ???? Not even noticing she was in no shape to even know what exact speed she was running ?

 She was not even heading in this direction ? She could not drive it home as the steering did not want to work. The young tow truck driver like to never got it to turn to get it on the roll back.


We got the vehicle home and then headed to town to go talk to the insurance company. Doesn't sound good at all. I am just glad she was not killed . I tried to get her to go to the doctor as I am suspecting a slight concussion? But not today-maybe tomorrow. They really can't do anything for one anyway except tell you to rest and not use your brain.

Another day in life in the country. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment