Tuesday, January 8, 2019

A Dream Come True

How do you thank someone for making a dream come true? Almost break down in tears and scare them to death?

For the longest time I have wanted to have a sliding door to open into the pasture for the chickens in the main chicken house. All summer I dreamed of it and then I built the little small chicken coop beside the main house but struggled with my sight, so I was afraid to attempt cutting into the back wall of my little chicken house ??

So a new young flock was almost ready to start laying and I knew they would thrive with access to the pasture to get bugs and worms and organisms in the soil. The last few days have been very mild and I had cleaned out the inside runs and kept eyeing that house with the fenced in lot which always turns into a muddy mess with all of the rain we have had. Today would be our last warm day and then winter comes back so I decided to just buck up and try to pull it off.

Once I started I got in trouble right off the bat. I had to cut an old stock fence from the back of the building and I was not strong enough to cut through the heavy gauge wire. I had got the fencing pliers  and a busting mall and forced the pliers against a tree where I was cutting and banged it hard and got one cut-many more to go when I heard a sweet voice ask if I could use some help? Help! SUREEEEEEE I could and be so grateful for it, but I knew Crystal had kept Emmett busy helping her with her projects and I did not want to interfere. But turn down free help- my eyes might not have good eyes but I do have a good appreciator of help.

once he offered to tackle the deed and  I ran and hunted up all the tools and supplies that I thought we might need.


It would have taken me until dark to pull this off but Emmett had it accomplished in about an hour! I still want to just cry..... Help is just one of the most wonderful things in the world to have another human being give of themselves to make you happy and your life better. I am so very lucky to have my children.


Miss Sandra was the "go-fer" girl today always offering her help in any way she can and it is such a gift.

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a blessing fir you and a lively surprise,it's nice to no that dreams come true. I am also your newest follower ,hope you will visit and follow me too.
    Nothing better than fresh eggs xx

    ReplyDelete