Sunday, December 9, 2018

Our First Big Snow of the Season

It started last night around 1 and has  not let up until about 3pm. My shoulder and right ribs are hurting because I have fought with it all the time except for sleeping from 3 to 9 this morning but it just kept coming . I was having trouble lifting it from my paths as the sides of my paths were getting too tall for me to heave it up onto. I am really glad it has stopped. I think there are 15 inches all total and I am a whipped pup.

I kept all of the chickens except one run closes today and the one I opened up -they did not even want to poke their heads out in this white stuff. The pups even said it was TOO COLD for their little "footsies" and abandoned me to the warm house. Everytime I put on dry socks I get them wet again.

I am so very grateful for all of the wonderful wood that Emmett and Sandra have cut and hauled to the house.
My wonderful neighbor Bill Burton came and plowed our driveway this afternoon. Even his big tractor was grunting in the effort. This is deeply appreciated as I could never dig my long driveway out.

Winter is not officially here until next week so this is a Fall snow. It was very beautiful falling but so much work keeping up with it that it takes away the splendor. I have fixed a cranberry pie and brownies and a big pot of soup and one of chili beans just in case we lose our electricity . Sandra fixed them a monster sub so we do have food and each other to rely on. That means a lot in times like this.

When I was shoveling snow at 3am it was so bright outdoors it was like daylight. That was quiet beautiful too. It is almost a magical experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment