Thursday, February 23, 2017

Working With Pain


I went with my neighbor first thing in the morning to help her take her two dogs to the groomer. They both like to sit in her lap and she was afraid to try to drive like that so I kept one precious furbaby company and tried to keep her mind busy because they were known to get car sick. Both of them are so precious .They both are Pomeranians and they are beautiful. One is red and one is solid black. The black one is a toy named Coda and he is the one that she rescued from a back yard that  a German Shepherd was using for a squeaky toy. The regular size one is named Lego and they are both so sweet and she loves them like crazy. 


We visited a brand new store in town while we waited for the pups to get clipped and bathed. It is called Rural King and it is a really nice store that our area needs. It is like a Tractor Suppy , only better. It is loaded with everything you need for outdoors or for your animals of any kind. Then things for the kitchen -of course I saw something I desperately want. I have been reading about plastic leaching out dangerous chemicals in our foods and drinks and have wanted to switch back to glass but glass is hard to find now -unless it costs an arm and a leg. So there was this perfectly beautiful 5 liter glass drink dispenser-not PLASTIC -but GLASS with a metal spigot! And the price was under 7.00!

Patty bought me a nice container of Pink Salt . I have wanted that for years and was tickled to death. When we went to check out there was a display of breads and it turned out they are all HOMEMADE and we got to meet the baker and she and her hubby were Wonderful people and they live just down the road. Can you believe buys something so local and fresh???? Patty bought me a loaf of her cinnamon bread and if you like cinnamon bread it is the best I have ever eaten.


For some reason this fibromyalgia is really giving me a fit. Even trying to stay busy it hurts so darn much -the pain just tries to consume me. But I got wild hair and started cleaning one corner of my kitchen. I guess Spring Cleaning is hitting me a wee bit early and it pays to since I worked for HOURs on just this corner. Getting older it takes me longer to climb up and down the step ladder and carry everything down and clean it and then carry it all back up ????? I went through all of the grains and beans and rice and herbs and found some items that were very old that had got pushed aside and I put them in a container and put them in the rice cooker to cook for the chickens-along with the few Bugs that I saw that had got in them. The chickens will be thanking me for the extra protein so nothing goes to waste.

I am such a combination of silly and weird ?? I have been looking for a piece of cut up quilt for my doggies crate since I have to take Daisy to be neutered Tues. and where that piece was  hiding was beyond me ?????? STUPID! When I worked on that fence around the garden I found it????? I had had it in the garden last Fall for some dumb reason and forgot and left it laying there so now it was a MeSS!!!! Well, for some dumb reason this piece of quilt really calls to me (right now calling me STUPID) It was the one that I had found in a dumpster - already Rotten -but I loved it. So, I had cut it up for the dogs and resewed as much of the rotten as I could to make it usable. Now this -laying out in the weather had not helped it one bit-more rotten fabric???? So I carried it to the house and drug out some bits and pieces of fabric scraps and set about to making this "scrappy" quilt even more "scrappy" by fitting pieces over the rotten parts and sewing them over????? Poor little quilt??? But the idea looks like it is working -so into the washer it goes ????? It still has some decent batting in it and that makes it soft and I did love the colors -but now with all this MIX of stuff added I can see its life struggles - maybe it reminds me of me?????

No comments:

Post a Comment