Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday Blogday

Today was "critter-day" and I did all my chores and cleaned cages for another week  . Then we headed off to town . We was making good time and heading home when DH pulled over to check the oil in his truck and one of his friends" son stopped to say Hi. We had not seen him in 2years - I just could not believe that it had been that long -but it had to be because his little boy was in a car seat and he was 2-his partner had been pregnant the last time we had seen them. She had two little tow-headed children and they were so cute. I was so pleased to see how much Billy loved his baby and he looked just like Billy when he was little .It is an amazing process to watch these young ones grow up and start their own life - or at least try to. Everybody is looking for something and sometimes it seems so hard to find? Billy was always just like our kids and he was a pleasure to have around.

Even as they aged -he had dated our daughter for a while and one night we had come home from church . We had had a thunder storm and our creek was swollen to where we could not drive through it. We parked the car down at the road and walked around the swollen water and that way we had walked around the water. But there was a fence that we had to climb and I had on silly shoes and did not think I could do it. Billy was with us and he just picked me up like a feather and set me down on the other side. I was totally Amazed. And he was always doing anything he could to help - like fixing the fence when the goats would get out.I will never forget how sweet he has always been. He was always good to anybody's baby - he just loved children , but had been told he could never father a child because he had the mumps when he was little . Goes to show what doctors know-sometimes life has a way of surprising us and I am so pleased about it -because he really deserves to be a Dad. :)

We finally made it home and I jumped right in to the evening chores. There is just never enough "ME" to go around and accomplish what I hope to. I ran the vacuum and put the laundry up. I wanted to give the dogs all a bath -but my chest started hurting like crazy. It had me doubled up with pain-but I had learned the nurse practitioner told me that it is called "chest wall pain". She said the walls of our chest would get inflamed and that the pain was on a scale of a heart attack-but it had nothing to do with our hearts?? I took a pain pill , but it just refuses to leave me alone. Bad Pain - Bad , mean ole pain! GRRRR! :)

I had to laugh at DH because he said he needed to go to bed early because our oldest son is coming to go deer hunting with him in the morning. The funny part is that he has already hunted during bow season and then he hunted during muzzle loader season -But - something about rifle season ?? He gets so excited that he just cannot sleep! It makes me think of when I was little and it was Christmas Eve-it was so hard to fall asleep because you knew that Santa was coming that night. I would even imagine hearing Santa making that flight and I could see the reindeer pulling his sleigh! I was so lucky to have such a wonderful Mom and because of her - I tried to create the same magic spell for our kids.

I am SOOOO hoping to be able to sew tomorrow! Here almost two weeks have raced past me -due to circumstances beyond my control without many things being created. That is the way time flys off and leaves me.

We are having such beautiful weather here this week  - in the 60's all week long -that is pretty amazing ! Even when I was little I remember we had some snow at thanksgiving.  At that stage of our young lives we did not have to worry about heat and food and electric bills - we just think that white stuff is a new toy- with no worries except maybe putting our gloves near the coal stove so they could turn dry and be ready for another adventure.

Things sure do change as we age. The economy has me scared to death as I can not stretch our pennies any further . They were talking on tv about changing the time that people would be able to retire from 65 to 79 because our Social Security account is in danger -not enough people paying into it as there are people retiring. They are also going to take more out of people's checks to put into social security.

Then I saw where the people in France were protesting about almost the same thing-changing the date people can retire there to? I told DH I think they are making a big mistake because even with my health ??? I used to be a "fireball" at work. I loved a challenge and the faster I could work -the faster time would go by. BUT after falling and breaking the bones in my ankle and foot and leg - I cannot get up and go - like I did then- and if I was at a public job - I truly do not believe that whoever was my boss would not be getting the same amount of work from me -because I just do not have it in me. Add the fibromyalgia and the chronic fatigue and some arthritis throwed in, making my knees and hands undependable. Then the vertigo that makes me so dizzy - I would be a hazard to any job? I would not add the fact that I have not driven in the two years since we got in the car wreck with the boy who hit us head on??I guess it scares me to death because when DH was diagnosed with prostate cancer -if something was to happen to him before it did me - I am stumped at how I would support myself ?????

I have tried and tried to figure out some kind of work at home job-but haven't pulled that off yet? I am not complaining - just running things through my head-and trying to figure out how to survive??I see people with beautiful homes and vehicles and I wonder what kind of job would it take to do that???? I admire all of my friends who have tried creative things at their home- but even they have not figured out how to let it make you a living???

Well, my dear family - I just hope you have had a wonderful day . Each of you is so special and I appreciate the visit so much~Sometimes just sharing things with friends just lightens the load so much!Thank you!

Hugs ,
Linda

1 comment:

  1. I would love to know how to make heaps of money while still being home for Brylee and Griffin.
    The retirement age here is 65 ... that is when you get the pension. There is no talk of raising it yet.
    We are often robbing Peter to pay Paul here...it's a constant juggling act. I know it doesn't seem like it, but it is.

    ReplyDelete